- This classes has passed.
How’s Your Stress Life?
08/14 - 08/27
This course focuses on the symptoms of stress and the effects it has on children, families, and caregivers. A primary emphasis of this course is the emotional investment and resulting stress of being a caregiver to children in care who may have experienced one or more forms of maltreatment. Effective strategies for managing stress are presented throughout the course, including the use of support systems. Participants will gain an understanding of how to identify stressors and apply stress management techniques.
- Define sources of stress, including environmental, social, physical, psychological, and intellectual
- Describe symptoms of stress, including physical, behavioral, and psychological symptoms
- Communicate the concept of creative responses to stress, including using stress as a signal to make positive changes
- Identify stress management techniques, such as communication, time management, conflict resolution, nutrition, exercise, creative activities, humor, goal setting, and visualization
- Integrate ideas into a stress management plan
- Identify books, videos, internet, and community resources for gaining support and information on stress and related topics