- This classes has passed.
Guiding Teens through NH TRAILS
07/31 - 08/13
Guiding Teens through NH Teen Responsibility and Independent Living Skills (TRAILS) provides caregivers and mentors with information on how a teen’s early developmental deficits and/or emotional disabilities can impact their ability to learn adult independent living skills during adolescence. This course explores the teenage brain and emotional development, and examines how to bridge the gap between what skills teens have and those they need. Strategies to motivate youth in working through TRAILS curriculum and towards independent living are discussed.
- Describe the impact of early abuse and neglect on adolescent development
- Discuss typical brain development during adolescence
- Describe the unique challenges for youth exiting foster care
- Discuss the importance of experiential learning and provide examples
- Describe positive youth development strategies for guiding teens toward independence
- Discuss developmentally appropriate experiential activities for youth working through NH TRAILS
- Describe the unique challenges youth in care face through examining the stories of young adults