- This classes has passed.
Emerging Trends in Technology: Keeping Kids Safe
07/17 - 08/13
This course provides caregivers with information on technology and precautions caregivers can take to protect children in their care. Topics include examining realistic dangers of current technology, exploring social media apps, and recognizing factors that can leave youth vulnerable to dangers online and through other technology
- Describe a realistic view of the dangers of current technology, including the internet and cell phone applications
- Explain the wide range of social networking tools and websites.
- Discuss why social networking appeals to youth and the positive influence it can have on a youth’s social development
- Recognize factors that leave some youth vulnerable to dangers on the internet and other technology applications
- Examine ways caregivers can enhance protective factors to help keep children safe on the internet and other technology
- Identify online and community resources to help keep children and youth safe