- This classes has passed.
Emergency Foster Care Training
07/17 - 07/30
Emergency Foster Care Training provides an opportunity for foster parents to develop an understanding of what it means for care for a child in an emergency care situation. Topics include examining the roles and responsibilities of an emergency foster care provider, and understanding and exploring strategies to respond to various emotions and behaviors of an incoming foster child. Emergency foster care training offers opportunities for foster parents to consider their families and their individual roles in caring for children in short-term emergency care.
- Define emergency foster care, crisis care, and general foster care
- Explain the roles and responsibilities of an emergency foster care provider
- Discuss challenging behavioral responses of foster children, biological children, and family members
- Recognize stages and symptoms of grief and loss in the foster child and biological family
- Describe and apply a three-step process to defuse anger and subsequently open communication with children in foster care
- Identify community resources that can provide assistance and additional information on emergency foster care issues