- This classes has passed.
Children Exposed to Domestic Violence
07/31 - 08/13
This course examines domestic violence and its impact on children, families, and communities. Topics include understanding and recognizing signs of traumatic bonding in children and families. Strategies for working with families and children with domestic violence histories are also explored.
- Define domestic violence in terms of family dynamics, roles, and relationships
- Describe the theory of traumatic bonding and Stockholm Syndrome
- Describe the impact of domestic violence on children, families, and communities
- Identify indicators of traumatic bonding in the child and family
- Implement strategies for preventing and responding to domestic violence