- This classes has passed.
A Caregivers Guide to Medications
07/31 - 08/27
This course discusses caregivers’ roles and responsibilities in proper administration and monitoring of medications. Topics include understanding various types of medications and their effects, and discussing basic principles and rights of medication administration. Caregivers will learn to locate reliable health-related resources and build readiness to address challenges as they arise.
- Discuss the roles and responsibilities of foster parents administering medications to children in their care, including documentation and reporting.
- Describe the ethical issues involved in medication administration, including the rights of recipients, confidentiality, and values.
- Define categories of medications and understand possible side effects, adverse effects, and behavior changes.
- Demonstrate ideal protocols for administrating medications to children/youth and adolescents.
- Distinguish alternative protocols for administering medications when appropriate.
- Recognize reliable resources for information on medications and healthcare-related topics.